BLOG HAS MOVED

This blog is now closed.

Please go to the new blog, Desert Island Mixtapes for all the latest posts.

Http://desertislandmixtapes.wordpress.com

Friday, December 14, 2007

Amos Lee - Colors

When was the last time that you listened to something new from the legendary Blue Note Records label? Their slogan "The Finest Jazz since 1939" is probably accurate. We're talking John Coltrane, Thelonius Monk, Wynton Marsalis, Duke Ellington . . . the list goes on. While I "appreciate" classic jazz, I can't say I listen to it much. However, I can remember my old roommate Ken (a trumpet player) spinning some old jazz albums from Blue Note. In any case, Amos Lee is one of their contemporary acts and his music is really growing on me. Acoustic, bluesy, soulful. Enjoy this live video.






No comments:

Post a Comment