BLOG HAS MOVED

This blog is now closed.

Please go to the new blog, Desert Island Mixtapes for all the latest posts.

Http://desertislandmixtapes.wordpress.com

Thursday, January 19, 2012

J. Tillman leaves Fleet Foxes

 Just yesterday I was commenting to my wife how crazy it is that Fleet Foxes have J. Tillman playing drums for them.  He is an amazing musician in his own right, and his solo LPs have topped a lot of my lists (#1 in 2009) for a while.  Drumming and singing harmonies for Fleet Foxes has always struck me somehwhat a waste of his considerable solo talent.  

Since he joined Fleet Foxes in 2008 he has released an album a year - so just imagine what his output will be if he can dedicate 100% time to touring and writing.  Awesome awesome awesome.  On his tumblr page, he wrote "Back into the gaping maw of obscurity I go," but for one I am very excited to see what he does next.  And, Mr. Tillman, I'll continue attempting to offer whatever promotion I can along the way!  

Cheers and good luck!

Here is an impressive live set from a couple years back for your consideration:  

Enjoy:





No comments:

Post a Comment