BLOG HAS MOVED

This blog is now closed.

Please go to the new blog, Desert Island Mixtapes for all the latest posts.

Http://desertislandmixtapes.wordpress.com

Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Bob Nanna (Braid, Hey Mercedes) songs - Certain People I Know

 Bob Nanna, most famous for his work in Braid and Hey Mercedes, and recently triumphant over non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, has a new band in the works - Certain People I Know.  In celebration of Polyvinyl Records' recent reissue of a bunch of old Braid LPs, I have been listening a bunch to Hey Mercedes - by far my favorite Nanna band.  I was digging through his subsequent The City on Film to make sure I had it all and came upon this new project.  Woot woot for digging!  Apparently this has been in the works for a while, and I have just been living under a rock.

Here are 4 sample demos.  Enjoy!


Neverlasting [mp3]


Our Lady of Guadalupe [mp3]


Strongsuit [mp3]


All You Gotta do is Show [mp3]

No comments:

Post a Comment