BLOG HAS MOVED

This blog is now closed.

Please go to the new blog, Desert Island Mixtapes for all the latest posts.

Http://desertislandmixtapes.wordpress.com

Friday, September 28, 2007

The New Amsterdams - Strangled by the Thought (Cured Version)





The New Amsterdams recently re-released Killed or Cured, a free album they had done back in 2005, but with a 2nd disc on which they re-recorded and re-interpretted the 1st disc. While I don't like all of the new renditions, there is one that really stands out - Strangled by the Thought. The original was probably my favorite on the original album, but the new version has some strings in the background that are subtle, yet effective. I love it. Enjoy!


I suggest buying the entire double-disc.


On a related note - The New Amsterdams have new album coming out, and currently on their Myspace page you can download 4 of the new songs. I was supremely dissappointed with their lackluster 2006 album - Story Like a Scar. The New album - At the Feet of my Rivals - sounds much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment