BLOG HAS MOVED

This blog is now closed.

Please go to the new blog, Desert Island Mixtapes for all the latest posts.

Http://desertislandmixtapes.wordpress.com

Friday, September 28, 2007

Blue Scholars - Bluchini



I am not a huge Camp-lo fan, but even I can admit a thick fat horn sample when I hear one. I refer, of course, to the 1997 track Luchini This is It. You can listen to it currently on Camp Lo's myspace profile.

For those of you with a more current, indie hop-hop slant to your tastes, I suggest the following track: Bluchini, but the Blue Scholars. An unreleased demo, Geologic here places his own verses over the Camp Lo horn track. I love it!

Also - here's a pitchfork media review of the Blue Scholars' 2007 album Bayani.



Add them to your collection!




Also, consider their associated act Common Market (same DJ, different MC)

No comments:

Post a Comment